Sunday 29 January 2012

2012 Season Preview - McLaren



We finally come to the end of our season preview looking at the teams. This time it's McLaren Mercedes, runners up for the past two seasons having been chasing down Red Bull with everything they have. I decided to upload both Red Bull and McLaren previews at the same time, just to keep you guessing as to which order my top two would be in.

Up and down the paddock McLaren are the envy of the rest of the teams, purely due to having the strongest drier partnership of all. Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button are both recent world champions and when on top of their game are a match for anyone. Since Jenson won the championship with Brawn he has got better and better, a complete racing driver who I rate as one of the best in the history of the sport. He had pulled off some great results in poor cars earlier in his career, but nothing can compare to his drive in Canada last season. Simply put that drive in Canada was the greatest performance from any driver anywhere, anytime. Lewis, on the other hand had a poor season in 2011, the majority of pundits put that down to off the track issues, specifically his split with his girlfriend and his managerial split with his father.

In 2012 I am expecting Lewis to come out fighting, I'm expecting him to get back to his best this season and perhaps have his best season ever. It'll take a lot to beat Jenson Button this season as he has established himself as a number one driver, despite what all the pundits said when he moved to McLaren two years ago. Lewis will find that having a competitive car from the word go and improved focus will ultimately land him the world title. Jenson in my opinion will come in 2nd, which will give McLaren the constructors championship.

How accurate will my predictions be? Only time will tell. I guess as pre season gets underway, in just over a week we will have a much better idea of where the cars are at. I hope to have someone at the Barcelona test to give me some inside information, so stay tuned for more on pre season.

2011 Position - 2nd
2012 Predicted Position - Champions

Conclusion - An excellent season ahead for the McLaren team. A double championship and a one-two in the drivers championship could be ahead. I'm looking forward to seeing Lewis Hamilton back on song and Jenson Button pushing him all the way. The only thing that can stop Lewis Hamilton in my opinion, Jenson Button. So sit back, relax and look forward to what I predict is going to be one hell of a season.

No comments:

Post a Comment