Friday 20 January 2012

2012 Season Preview - Caterham F1 Team

 

Now we come to the guys formally known as Team Lotus. They have had to give the name up due to Renault and their relationship with the Lotus brand.

Caterham have stuck with their drivers for a third year running, as a newish team they have been very shrewd in employing two top class drivers in Heikki Kovalainen and Jarno Trulli, two drivers who are used to fighting at the front. It's just a shame that they lost the lotus name as they were the ones who bought the name back into Formula One.

So what can we expect from Caterham this year? I am expecting good things from Caterham this season. They claim that they have ambition to be in the midfield this year. Last season they made good progress as the season went on, beating Williams and Renault on a couple of occasions. They closed the gap in impressive style, but did it ever so quietly. I am expecting Caterham to improve again this season and the question on everyones mind is will they score points this season? I believe they will, perhaps not on a regular basis but they will, in my opinion be fighting with the likes of Toro Rosso on a regular basis. Caterham have an exciting future in my opinion. The work they've put in gives them every right to gain success.

So, finally, what do I think will be the outcome of the season for Caterham?

2011 Position - 10th
2012 Predicted Position - 9th

Conclusion - This season Caterham will score their first points, I also think they will beat one of the regular midfield runners into 9th place. I'm going to stick my neck on the line and say that they will beat Sauber. Caterham have good drivers, an experienced team boss in Mike Gascoigne and a shed load of ambition. I expect this team to improve a lot and get into qualifying two on a number of occasions. They could beat Toro Rosso and Sauber but we have yet to see the new cars, there could be a few surprises. I'll probably change my predictions once February arrive and the cars take to the track for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment