Saturday 14 April 2012

How Is My Formula One Changing?

Since it's inception in January 2012, My Formula One has been a news portal for everything to do with the sport. Then in February a decision was made to release a 2012 season Preview. The hope was that it may supplement the website and help to promote it. This is when everything changed.

It was perceived that 100 downloads would be a success, then when that number reached 1000, I thought my eyes were deceiving me. By the end of the seven days the numbers had risen to more than 13,000 downloads. To put that into context, the readership of AutoSport magazine is just a few hundred more.

So I am now faced with a decision, do I continue to use the website as a portal for news, or do I use it as a promotional tool for the new magazine 'My Formula One'?

The decision will not please some but will please others. I have decided to use the website as a portal to promote the magazine. There won't be any full articles, interviews and race reports on the website. Instead that will be reserved for the magazine.

The website will still have teasers and competitions. The Twitter feed @F1news2012 will still be active with pupdates and when and where you'll be able to get your copy.

THE BESY NEWS KEPT UNTIL THE END - IT'S FREE!!

1 comment:

  1. I'd say both are valid and much needed information sources. The blog is great for current news and for articles on the topic of the day, while the magazine would benefit from housing larger materials, research and those tasty exclusive interviews. Blog is current, magazine is refined, basically - that's my humble opinion.

    And whatever you do, if possible, please improve the blog logotype or let someone else do it.

    ReplyDelete